Sunday, December 1, 2013

5 Month Old (Week 22, Day 1)

I have a 5 month old! Who would believe it - the time has flown by, and our little girl is longer than ever before. At 5 months, she is already stretching the limits of some of her 6 month clothes, and it won’t be long before I’m having to change out her wardrobe once again (FYI - I just changed out her last wardrobe last week - I’m starting to feel like this will be a frequent routine). It seems in the last few days that she has stretched even more, and the baby fat on her legs is morphing into lean limbs that are getting ready to crawl and move very soon.
Her 5 month milestone coincided with Grandparents day at daycare, and it worked that Madeline’s grandparents that live close by were free to come down to the city and spend the afternoon with her. I was admittedly a little bit nervous for them to be at daycare for the first time, and worried that I could not leave work early to spend time with them and help show them around. Luckily everything went very smoothly, and they were able to find the daycare, and the staff there was helpful in showing them around. When I arrived at the end of the day Maddy was happily playing with Grandma and Grandpa. The only snafu was that Maddy’s cute little pink dress I had dressed her in that morning was long gone - Maddy had a diaper leak first thing in the morning and was wearing her backup clothes by the time the grandparents had arrived, but no one seemed to mind.

In honor of her 5 months in this world, we once again carted out Darth and Yoda to celebrate. She is becoming more aware of her little friends, and said hello to Darth Vader by sticking his hand in her mouth. I think she is really taking a liking to them both ;)
Maddy and her buddies

No comments:

Post a Comment