Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Two Month of the Grind, Grind, Grind (Week 18, Day 5)

Night Night Baby Girl!
We are now into month 2 of Mommy being at work and Maddy at daycare. It seems Maddy is fully immersed in daycare and has no issue with her daily routine. I wish I could say the same for mommy - while the mishaps and forgotten items have gone away, the feeling of constantly rushing, being behind and not able to catch up have not. It's slowly getting easier. And I have to remind myself that getting promoted while on maternity leave and starting a new team is an amazing opportunity, and I would be bored coming back to my old job. But I have to remind myself a lot, as being bored sounds a whole lot easier right now.


The end of the work day is always the hardest, as it's the time when meetings are running over, I haven't sat down at my desk to check email in hours and could sit down and crank out some good quality work for a while. Instead I'm rushing out the door so I can pick up Maddy, get her home, changed, fed, and spend a few precious moments with her prior to her falling asleep somewhere between 5:30 and 6. Which is exactly what I want to be doing, and therefore find myself working at night just to keep up with the daily grind.
The great thing about the end if the day is the few minutes of quality time I do get with Maddy. She is overjoyed to see me at the end of the day, and her hugs and snuggles make any thought of work disappear. She makes it easy to focus on all the good things in life. And when she does fall asleep all too early for the night, her sweet innocent face reminds me of what most important in life and why I rush out the door every day to get to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment