Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Changes Are Brewing (Week 23, Day 6)

This week has been a whirlwind. Saturday was the final street festival in Chicago that just happened to be right outside our front door, and the weather was glorious. We invited people over to enjoy the festival, and had more children attend the gathering than ever before - oh how life has changed from parties of the past! Maddy was a champ through the whole day, and once again proved what a happy, social baby she is. She even napped during the party- with the noise and commotion right outside her door. I'm hoping its good training for later in life, and she'll be able to sleep anywhere!
Sunday provided a stark contrast to Saturday - it was rainy, cold and dreary, and was the perfect excuse to stay in and watch football, and do some nap time with the baby. Maddy has begun to enjoy sleeping on Mommy's chest again, and mommy doesn't mind one bit.
The rest of the week has been long and hard, with the daily grind really feeling like a grind. Work is manic, and I'm doing my best to keep up. Every day I race out to pick up my girl, and it's my favorite part of the day- her big gummy grins light up my world and I quickly forget all the days challenges and move into 'Enjoying Madeline' time. 
Maddy is in her own routine now and is so close to sleeping through the night. I know big milestones are close- she can almost hold her own bottle, she days from sitting up on her own, and crawling is just around the corner. And it's just about time to introduce solids.

So for now, I'll enjoy our end of the day rendezvous and snuggle fests, knowing they may change before I can blink.

No comments:

Post a Comment