Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fleeting Maternity Leave Moments (Week 10, Day 3)

Time to play!
Two weeks. That's all that's left of my maternity leave. Just two weeks. Where did the time go? It feels like a flash of time, just a moment ago we were bringing Madeline home from the hospital. I'm determined to make the most of it, and cram as much quality time as possible into the next two weeks.
The forecast for the week is 80's and sunny, so I have plans to take Maddy out for fresh air as often as possible. We have big plans for snuggle time, flirting with the fan, and discovering hands, feet, and the animals on the play mat. This will be in between walks to the zoo and long luxurious naps. I can't wait for the week with her, and at the same time don't want to see it start because I know it will be over before I can blink. I'm trying to use my full concentration to stay in the moment, rather than worry about all the things that need to get done before I return to work. They can all wait. This precious time with my little girl cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment