Tuesday, July 23, 2013

From One Mom to Another (Week 9, Days 6&7)

This week has been a slow and steady path to recovery and sleep for both Maddy and myself, and we couldn't have gotten through it with such grace without my mom here to help. My mother has a knack for gently going with the flow, while still making sure all our needs were met - having her here to help with Maddy has been wonderful. I've been able to get things done around the house, and do crazy important things like shower every day. She's been able to spend time getting to know her granddaughter, and learning to read her and help me get her used to other people putting her to bed. 

When I was exhausted from worrying about her cold, and my husband was tired from returning to work after a weekend of travel, my mom was there with dinner ready and an extra hand to help with Maddy. She even came to our chosen daycare with me to check it out and ask questions, and reassure me that I've made a good choice for caring for Maddy while I’m at work. More than anything, she was a sounding board for my worries, and an advocate for my joys of all things Maddy. I loved having a week with my mom to enjoy my forever changed relationship with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment