Monday, July 8, 2013

Playdates and Pee (Week 8, Day 3)

Madeline slept for a FIVE hour stretch last night! And she didn't starve to death! I didn't think it was possible. What a big girl she is turning into! Now if we could only get her to GO to sleep without a major meltdown...


Playdate with the ladies!
Today we went out to the suburbs for a play date with my college girlfriends and their kids. It was great to get to see their children and where they are in their lives, and I love being able to share Madeline with them. It's always amazing to see children that are older than Madeline (these girls are between one and a half and two) and realize that in one short year, our child will change so much. The difference between her and the other girls is great now, but in just a year or so she'll be walking, talking, and chasing after these ladies with the best of them. It was so fun to see the stage we have to look forward to - the interaction and seeing the world through a child's eyes. And as I hold Madeline asleep on my chest and enjoy chatting with dear friends, I realize she won't want to spend her days cuddled up like this forever, and remember to live in the moment and relish this joy now.


Another “first” happened today - the first time my daughter peed on me. That’s right, peed on me This is one of the firsts I’m a bit less excited about. It didn't happen in the expected in the expected location - the changing table. It did happen while we were all cozied up in our little chair, Madeline changed into her sleeper, eyes half closed and on her way to sleep, and me feeding her, feeling good about a successful transition from her sleeping position in the car seat to almost asleep and nursing. I noticed that she seemed awfully warm against my stomach as she eating, but didn't think anything of it until I picked her up to burp her - that’s when I noticed the wet spots on her, and on me. And realized I was going to have to start the “going to bed” process all over again. Sigh. You win some, you lose some I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment