Monday, July 29, 2013

Sleep, Magical Sleep (Week 11, Day 1& 2)

It happened! The magical sleep has arrived, at least for one night!! 
Saturday we spent the morning at brunch with the girls (because Maddy just loves brunch and girl time) and then a trip to the suburbs to see the grandparents. We planned to come back to the city before dinner, so we could put Maddy to bed at a reasonable hour and watch the Blackhawks game. Maddy fell asleep on the car ride home, giving us a chance to make a quick grocery run. When she woke up, we changed her, fed her and put her to bed, and over SEVEN hours later she woke up. SEVEN. You read that correctly. I couldn't believe it. I almost didn't know what to do with myself - I felt like I should stay up and make up all that extra time I spent sleeping as a celebration! I don't want to be overly optimistic that this will now become a routine quite yet, so right now I will sit and bask in the 3AM glory of knowing that these longer sleeps are possible, and are slowly but surely becoming a reality.

Making Mommy's Night

No comments:

Post a Comment