Friday, July 19, 2013

Roller Coasters and Rolling Over (Week 9, Day 4 & 5)

What do you mean I have to sleep?
In the ongoing bedtime sleep saga, Maddy may currently be winning the battle, but I'm determined to win the war. Between traveling, the wedding, lots of relatives holding Maddy, and her first cold, Maddys sleep habits have gone from beginning to show signs of consistency to a giant puddle of tears - both mine and Maddy's. She has been over stimulated and under sleeping, drawing out a fussy and teary baby that previously had not existed. Her naps are too short, the long stints of sleep at night vanished, and because of her cold, her ability to sleep on her back in the crib is short lived. The alternative - sleeping on Mommy or Daddy in her rocking chair for the majority of the evening.
Now I can't say I regret any of the weekends activities. I don't, and wouldn't change a thing. Now, we just have to begin the "re-set " process of getting Maddy back to good sleeping habit. This includes a team effort from my mother, husband, and myself to coax Maddy into sleeping in the crib, and continue to habitat the area after waking up. It works sometimes, and as Maddy starts to feel better, she begins to show glimpses of her old self again.
The highlight of the week is seeing Maddy roll over. She was in the crib working on her escape route when she went from her side to her stomach, and laid there wondering how the heck she had done it! My husband and I stood there peeking in through the window in the door, and were so excited and proud - until she started cry and we raced in to pick her up. I don't know if she'll do it again anytime soon, but it was a fun milestone to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment